20 November, 2010

Patrick Vande Walle announces resignation from ALAC

Patrick Vande Walle
In a note to the EURO-discuss list, Patrick Vande Walle has announced his resignation from the ALAC; he writes:

Dear colleagues,

As some of you already know, I have decided to resign from my position as a Euralo-elected ALAC member. My main professional position has changed a lot of the past months. Unfortunately, I am no more able to commit as much time to the work of the ALAC than before.

I think it is in the best interest of Euralo, ALAC and the Alt-Large community as a whole to identify a person who could take my seat at the ALAC.  In this perspective, I would like to nominate Oliver Crépin-Leblond, who has demonstrated over the years that he has the ideal mix of skills needed for the job: outstanding technical background, excellent diplomatic skills and a genuine interest to understand new issues as they come up.

I wish to wholeheartedly thank the European ALSes for their trust and support over the past years. Be assured I will continue to contribute to the process to the best of my ability.

Warm regards,
--
Patrick Vande Walle

No comments:

Post a Comment